The Algerian Chamber of Commerce and Industry in collaboration with the SAFEX, organize the first edition of the International Exhibition of Transport and Logistics in Algeria, scheduled forNovember 21rd to 24th, 2016 at le Palais des Expositions Pins Maritimes, Hall U, in Algiers.
Algeria has a number of advantages that make it a high potential market and whose environment related to the logistics of international transport of goods has much room for improvement.
Algeria is a country that stretches almost 2.4 million km2 with a coastline of 1200 km. The overall volume of foreign trade of Algeria (import and export) was in recent years to nearly 115 billion US dollars.
The parameters related to the transportation of goods are estimated, according to statistics from the Algerian Ministry of Transport, an annual average of nearly:
- 133 442 000 millions tons of cargo loaded and unloaded by the Algerian ports
-1 806 000 millions enplaned and deplaned containers
- 11 200 ships arriving Algerian ports
- 40,000 tons of airfreight which nearly 35,000 tons on the international network
- 4.2 millions tons of cargo on the rail network
- 421,000 road transport operators of goods
- 624,000 vehicle component road transport freight park with useful tonnage of nearly 5 million tonnes
Logistical, dedicated to the supply chain, cargo and freight, set itself the primary objective of taking stock of the situation in this sector to provide solutions to companies in their dealings abroad in terms logistics and transport of goods to reduce the cost of logistics management, to allow the presentation of a diversified range of benefits of different actors in the supply chain.